Emily Vera has been a part of Dolls for Daughters® since the beginning. Although her volunteer roles have changed, she is still a huge part of DfD, and for that we are forever grateful.
1. Why did you decide to volunteer with Dolls for Daughters®?
Jessica asked me to be on the Board of Directors when the organization was first created. I wanted to give back to the community and help Jessica, so I said yes. I served on the BOD until the end of 2011 and continue to volunteer now. It has been a pleasure watching the organization grow and seeing the impact it makes on the community.
2. How long have you been a volunteer with Dolls for Daughters®?
3. What is your most memorable experience volunteering with Dolls for Daughters® and which event was it at?
Seeing the children get so excited when they walk into the Toy Shop each year is such a joy!
4. Have you participated in any fundraising event that Dolls for Daughters® had held?
Yes, all bowl-a-thons, all golf tourneys, two auctions, Pasquini’s, and more.
5. Have you shared your volunteer experience with your friends and family? If so, what was their reaction?
Yes, I have.
6. If you did share your experience, have any of your friends or family become Dolls for Daughters® volunteers because of it?
I have had several friends also volunteer with DfD.
7. With so many organizations in need of volunteers, what suggestions or advice do you have for people who consider volunteering, especially when it comes to choosing where to offer their help?
Offer your help to an organization you are passionate about. If you support the cause individually, it is great fun to support the cause with a group!