Simply Moore, located in Denver’s Cherry Creek area, has been an amazing supporter of Dolls for Daughters® for the last five years. Owner Michael Moore not only supports DfD’s annual toy drive each year but he donates to our auction as well. We recently had the opportunity to sit down with Michael and learn more about him and his relationship with Dolls for Daughters®.
1. Why did you decide to offer support to Dolls for Daughters®?
I love kids. I truly believe a child’s life can be changed by receiving just the right toy. I think we all have fond memories of our favorite childhood toy.
2. How long has your business supported Dolls for Daughters®?
For four to five years now.
3. What is your most memorable experience supporting Dolls for Daughters®?
When little kids come in to drop off the toys—so many people have stories to share of their favorite toys and how much fun it was for each of them to go shopping and pick something out. We also have people who make toys for the children…that really warms my holiday heart!
4. Have you participated in any fundraising events that Dolls for Daughters® has held?
No, we have thus far only supported DfD through the annual toy drive.
5. Have you or your staff volunteered at the Dolls for Daughters® and Toys for Boys® Toy Shop? If so, what was your experience?
No. It is often held at times when the store is open, but I know we would all find it very satisfying to participate.
6. With so many organizations in need of support, what suggestions or advice do you have for other organizations? How might they choose an organization as well as the way in which they will help?
I will be honest…I often find the organizations to support that have a face attached to them or a person I know. Jessica came in and told me her story, which was truly a gift from her heart. I know it is something that truly means something, probably even the world, to her.