1. Why did you decide to offer support to Dolls for Daughters®?
I had lunch with Jess Bachus and her story truly touched my heart. I love children, and supporting organizations that help women and children is one of our goals at Sanitas Skincare.
2. How long has your business supported Dolls for Daughters®?
We have supported Dolls for Daughters® for several years now, both through sponsorships and through doll and toy drives. My customers (mostly local salons and day spas) have been amazingly supportive of the cause, and every year we collect over a hundred toys.
3. What is your most memorable experience supporting Dolls for Daughters®?
Probably meeting Jess for the first time and learning of her mission and why she started Dolls for Daughters®. I truly admire her honoring the memory of her daughter while simultaneously making a difference for all of the children her organization serves.
4. Have you participated in any fundraising evens that Dolls for Daughters® has held?
Yes! We love participating in the bowling fundraiser—it’s one of our favorites! Many of our staff come out to support this event, and I must say, we have some great bowlers!
5. Have you or your staff volunteered at the Dolls for Daughters® and Toys for Boys® Toy Shop? If so, what was your experience?
We haven’t had the opportunity to participate at the Toy Shop yet but intend to this year.
6. With so many organizations in need of support, what suggestions or advice do you have for other organizations? How might they choose an organization or cause as well as the way(s) in which they will help?
Wow, there are SO many good causes out there, and with the struggling economy it has been hard for most. I tend to support organizations that I am confident really spend most of their proceeds on the cause and that really touch the lives of others. Even if you can’t participate with sponsorships, you can always participate in toy drives or have your staff volunteer at the Toy Shop. I give my staff paid time off every quarter to participate in the charity of choice. It’s so important to give back!