Jessica met Wy Livingston several years ago after being approached by her PR person to collaborate on a Doll Tea Party at Wystone’s World Teas. Since then, DfD has been holding their annual tea parties at Wystone’s to collect new dolls for the annual toy shop. “Wy is an amazing person, friend and supporter,” says Jessica. We recently asked Wy to tell us more about what it means to support Dolls for Daughters®.
1. Why did you decide to offer support to Dolls for Daughters®?
We decided to support Dolls for Daughters® because it touched our heart. Jessica is a wonderful role model for the lesson of life. When things go terribly wrong, how do you find the light and turn a negative into a positive? Jessica has done that with her organization.
2. How long has your business supported Dolls for Daughters®?
It’s been four years now.
3. What is your most memorable experience supporting Dolls for Daughters®?
Hosting the Dolls For Daughters tea parties.
4. Have you participated in any fundraising events that Dolls for Daughters® has held?
Yes, including Benefit Brews at Wystone’s.
5. Have you or your staff volunteered at the Dolls for Daughters® and Toys for Boys® Toy Shop? If so what was your experience?
6. With so many organizations in need of support, what suggestions or advice do you have for other organizations? How might they choose an organization as well as the way(s) in which they will help?
Find an organization that supports projects which resonate with you.