KB Digital Design Services photographs several of Dolls for Daughters® and Kenzi’s Kidz events. Katie Brewer, the one behind the camera, has also been behind the scenes doing graphics and design for Dolls for Daughters® and Kenzi’s Kidz events, such as our 2012 bidz 4 kidz and our 2012 Dolls for Daughters® and Toys for Boys® Toy Shop. We are lucky to have her ongoing support and expertise!
1. Why did you decide to offer support to Dolls for Daughters®?
Jessica was looking for a photographer for their annual Golf Tournament. I actually had a groom’s mother, from a wedding I’d shot, connect me with Jessica. Honestly, what a blessing! There is nothing compared to the feeling of giving and helping others. I had been looking for an organization to continually donate my time and talent to. Helping others and documenting the hard work Jessica has done and continues to do for others is the best feeling ever.
2. How long has your business supported Dolls for Daughters®?
It will be one year in June 2013 since I got involved with Dolls for Daughters®.
3. What is your most memorable experience supporting Dolls for Daughters®?
All the events that Dolls for Daughters® puts on are great and very memorable. I was so bummed that I couldn’t make it to the Toy Shop last year (that would of been the most memorable I think) but I had a team at the Bowl-A-Thon. Hearing over the microphone how much the teams raised and visually seeing the huge pile of toys was amazing!
4. Have you participated in any fundraising events that Dolls for Daughters® has held?
I had a team at the Bowl-A-Thon held this year and was a photographer for the Golf Tournament.
5. Have you or your staff volunteered at the Dolls for Daughters® and Toys for Boys® Toy Shop? If so what was your experience?
I almost did last year but had a huge photo shoot that day. I was so bummed, but I will be there this year!
6. With so many organizations in need of support, what suggestions or advice do you have for other organizations? How might they choose an organization as well as the way(s) in which they will help?
Social networking would help all organizations get their name out there and help them find supporters. Any type of networking would greatly benefit an organization. Joining a networking group, Facebook or holding events helps supporters connect with organizations that align with their values. As organizations gain supporters, it’s important for them to show that they’re thankful for their supporters. Things like thank you cards and tangible goodies, like pens, magnets, etc. go a long way to acknowledge the volunteer efforts. As others find out that an organization acknowledges its supporters, it invites others to get involved. For supporters, volunteering for organizations that truly appreciate your volunteer efforts is key.